Anti-War Art Book Review Books Capitalism China Climate Emergency Conservative Government Conservative Party COVID-19 Creeping Fascism Economics EcoSocialism Elections Event Video Fascism Film Film Review France Global Police State History Imperialism Israel Italy Keir Starmer Labour Party Long Read Marxism Marxist Theory Migrants NATO Palestine pandemic Police Protest Russia Solidarity Sport Statement Trade Unionism Transgender Ukraine United Kingdom United States of America War
- Pablo – the footloose revolutionaryDave Kellaway reviews The Well-Dressed Revolutionary. The Odyssey of Michel Pablo in the age of uprisings by Hall Greenland (published by Resistance Book, September 2023)
- Sudan’s huge tragedy and the way outSudan’s political crisis continues to escalate, with the country sliding into civil war. This article by Gilbert Achcar analyses the roots of the conflict and argues that international intervention is needed to impose a ceasefire and enable a democratic transition.
- Reactionary BrandingMuch has already been written about Russell Brand’s recent downfall, and it is crucial to understand Brand and the context that made him. But a deeper problem is opened up by Brand, the problem of the reactionary left. Rowan Fortune charts the fall of Brand, and then tackles what makes the left converge with far-right conspiracists.
- Defend the right to protest, strike and boycott..Veronica Fagan explores the ways the Tories are attacking our rights to organise – including the under-discussed anti-boycott bill
- Birmingham City Council: honour your commitment to net zero by 2030A statement initiated by Birmingham Climate Justice Coalition.