We need to raise at least £4,000 in the next few weeks to help bring Leonidas Iza, Ecuador’s main Indigenous leader, to Europe in July. Leonidas and his two co-authors hope to visit Belgium, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Scotland and the Spanish state – to promote and discuss their remarkable book, and to build two-way solidarity between movements in the South and the North. But they need your help to pay for the trip. Whatever you give will be matched by the Indigenous movement’s own efforts to raise funds. We’ve already gathered £1,500. So we only need another £2,500. If you donate £50 or more, you’ll get a free copy of the book.
Book launch with the authors in London on Monday 10 July, 7pm (details tbc).
Anti-Trade Union (20) Anti-War (23) Art (36) Book Review (74) Books (81) Capitalism (52) China (59) Climate Emergency (73) Conservative Government (57) Conservative Party (41) COVID-19 (32) Creeping Fascism (20) Economics (27) EcoSocialism (29) Elections (49) Event Video (26) Fascism (41) Film (29) Film Review (41) France (45) Global Police State (25) History (24) Imperialism (83) Italy (25) Keir Starmer (31) Labour Party (69) Leaflet (19) Long Read (30) Marxism (30) Marxist Theory (30) NATO (24) Palestine (28) pandemic (71) Police (20) Protest (104) Resistance Books (19) Russia (283) Solidarity (93) Sport (20) Statement (30) Trade Unionism (119) Transgender (20) Ukraine (287) United States of America (82) War (259)
- From impasse to the road to reaction: an urgent assessment of the political scenarioThe defeat of the left-wing bloc in the municipal and regional elections on 28 May has unleashed a political earthquake. The ruling Partido Socialista Obrero Español – PSOE or Spanish Socialist Workers Party – lost six of the eight autonomous communities in which it governed. Now, the Valencian Community, Aragon, Extremadura, the Balearic Islands, La Rioja and the Canary Islands will be governed by the right. By Brais Fernández.
- The Tory’s Nativist NatalismPeering into the strange worldview of the contemporary Tory Party and its even more extreme fascist discontents, Rowan Fortune attempts to place the British right into a coherent context and make sense of its many nightmares.
- Trans*Mission Weekly RoundupIn this week’s roundup, Trans*Mission looks at different types of anti-trans violence and the abiding humanity of trans people that persists in defiance of the onslaught.
- Northern Ireland Rejects the British Union – Geoff Bell, Labour for Irish UnityGeoff Bell, argues that the results of the recent Northern Ireland Assembly election show that the majority of people in Northern Ireland do not want to be part of the United Kingdom.
- Taiwan, militarism and the reactionary campaign against ChinaPhil Hearse argues for self-determination for Taiwan, but says that the Left must oppose the American military build up in the Indo-Pacific region and preparations for a disastrous war against China.
Join the discussion