“Business as usual, politics as usual is not going to get us out of this horrendous mess. We need system change.”George Monbiot.
The tragedy of our times is that the gathering collapse of our life support systems has coincided with the age of public disservice. Just as we need to rise above self-interest and short-termism, governments around the world now represent the meanest and dirtiest of special interests. In the United Kingdom, the US, Brazil, Australia and many other nations, pollutocrats rule.
Art Book Review Books Capitalism China Climate Emergency Conservative Government Conservative Party COVID-19 Economics EcoSocialism Elections Fascism Film Film Review France Global Police State Imperialism Israel Italy Keir Starmer Labour Party Long Read Marxism Marxist Theory Palestine pandemic Protest Russia Solidarity Statement Trade Unionism Ukraine United States of America War
The Anti*Capitalist Resistance Editorial Board may not always agree with all of the content we repost but feel it is important to give left voices a platform and develop a space for comradely debate and disagreement.
- Ofsted and the death of Ruth PerryDave Kellaway, who, as a former headteacher, had to resign following an Ofsted inspection, reacts to the coroner’s verdict on Ruth Perry’s suicide.
- No way a ‘fair COP’!!As the latest round of UN climate talks disappointingly fails to deliver the urgent action needed to halt the climate crisis, Allan Todd argues the entire COP process is less and less likely to prevent ecological catastrophe and calls for radical system change via an ecosocialist transformation to avert climate barbarism.
- Prophet Song: The Grim BookerIan Parker is reading Paul Lynch, and advises you not to
- Al‑Aqsa Flood and MiscalculationIn his latest piece, Gilbert Achcar analyses the “miscalculations” behind Hamas’ operation, Al-Aqsa Flood, which triggered a ferocious Israeli assault on Gaza leading to catastrophic destruction and loss of life.
- Singing against Ecocide in the CityDave Kellaway reports on Monday’s Climate Choir actions in the City of London.