Donate here by Friday 25 August
The Free Trade Union of Medical Workers of Ukraine in Novovolynsk (western Ukraine) is appealing for humanitarian aid for the local hospital to help it cope with the extensive consequences of the war. Health workers in Ukraine are also having to campaign to defend their health system against cuts and neoliberal reforms.
The union is seeking to procure a system of continuous passive joint movement, strength training equipment for rehabilitation, cardiovascular monitors, and computers.
The Ukraine Solidarity Campaign is raising money to support the appeal which closes Friday 25 August.
Make your donation here >>>
The Ukraine Solidarity Campaign has provided material aid to Ukrainian unions in the past, such as protective equipment for firefighters and specialist stretchers for spinal injuries. This was following a request from the Independent Trade Union of Mineworkers of Ukraine (NPGU) of the 10th Mining Rescue Squad in the Donetsk region.
Medical aid is a simple and direct act of solidarity with the people of Ukraine. Make your donation now!
Art Book Review Books Capitalism China Climate Emergency Conservative Government Conservative Party COVID-19 Economics EcoSocialism Elections Event Video Fascism Film Film Review France Global Police State Imperialism Italy Keir Starmer Labour Party Long Read Marxism Marxist Theory Palestine pandemic Protest Russia Solidarity Statement Trade Unionism Ukraine United States of America War
- The UK’s suicidal Rosebank decision – Scotland needs a stronger responseRishi Sunak’s scandalous decision to go ahead with the exploitation of the Rosebank oil and gas field, alongside Keir Starmer’s cringe-worthy non-response – ‘yes, we’re opposed but no, we won’t do anything about it’ – has left the Scottish government and the SNP with an open goal, writes Iain Bruce.
- A breath of the 2011 resistance in Syrian protest movementAs large protests erupt in Syria’s Sweida region against the Assad regime, chanting the slogan “the people want the fall of the regime” first heard in 2011, a breath of the original revolutionary resistance blows again but needs to spread nationwide to pose a real challenge, reports Joseph Daher.
- “The world needs to be aware that human rights are being trampled on in Nicaragua”In recent years, Daniel Ortega’s regime has continued its authoritarian escalation, ultimately betraying the ideals of the Sandinista revolution. As part of the youth camp of the Fourth International, Jeunes anticapitalistes (JAC – Belgium) spoke with Katherine Ramírez, a Nicaraguan exiled in Costa Rica and activist of the Articulación de Movimientos Sociales. Interview for JAC by David Lhotellier.
- Fourth International youth camp 2023 – Importance of internationalismFrom the 22nd to the 28th of July France once again hosted this year’s International revolutionary youth camp of the Fourth International. By Jonathan Simmel.
- “It feels like the apocalypse”As Azerbaijan launches a military offensive against the Armenian enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh, bombing cities and villages and causing hundreds of casualties, the international community faces urgent calls to intervene and prevent a potential humanitarian catastrophe, reports Mike Phipps.