“This conference is the first of a series of two events organised by the geography department of the Institut La Boétie, as part of its chairs, on the occasion of the exceptional visit of David Harvey to France.
David Harvey is a British geographer. He is the founder of critical geography and at the origin of the first spatial reading of Marxist theory. Today, the most cited geographer in the world, he is a reference for several generations of intellectuals around the world.
In this conference dedicated to the geography of capital, David Harvey will present the main elements he has been developing for more than forty years on the production of space by capitalism. This presentation may lead him to come back to different urban processes, to the relations between centre and peripheries, or even to imperialism.”
Anti-Trade Union Anti-War Art Book Review Books Capitalism China Climate Emergency Conservative Government Conservative Party COVID-19 Creeping Fascism Economics EcoSocialism Elections Event Video Fascism Film Film Review France Global Police State History Imperialism Italy Keir Starmer Labour Party Leaflet Long Read Marxism Marxist Theory NATO Palestine pandemic Police Protest Resistance Books Russia Solidarity Sport Statement Trade Unionism Transgender Ukraine United States of America War
The Anti*Capitalist Resistance Editorial Board may not always agree with all of the content we repost but feel it is important to give left voices a platform and develop a space for comradely debate and disagreement.
- From impasse to the road to reaction: an urgent assessment of the political scenarioThe defeat of the left-wing bloc in the municipal and regional elections on 28 May has unleashed a political earthquake. The ruling Partido Socialista Obrero Español – PSOE or Spanish Socialist Workers Party – lost six of the eight autonomous communities in which it governed. Now, the Valencian Community, Aragon, Extremadura, the Balearic Islands, La Rioja and the Canary Islands will be governed by the right. By Brais Fernández.
- The Tory’s Nativist NatalismPeering into the strange worldview of the contemporary Tory Party and its even more extreme fascist discontents, Rowan Fortune attempts to place the British right into a coherent context and make sense of its many nightmares.
- Trans*Mission Weekly RoundupIn this week’s roundup, Trans*Mission looks at different types of anti-trans violence and the abiding humanity of trans people that persists in defiance of the onslaught.
- Northern Ireland Rejects the British Union – Geoff Bell, Labour for Irish UnityGeoff Bell, argues that the results of the recent Northern Ireland Assembly election show that the majority of people in Northern Ireland do not want to be part of the United Kingdom.
- Taiwan, militarism and the reactionary campaign against ChinaPhil Hearse argues for self-determination for Taiwan, but says that the Left must oppose the American military build up in the Indo-Pacific region and preparations for a disastrous war against China.
Join the discussion