In the book, Gilbert argues that, despite the rhetoric of a new Cold War following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine last year, there has, in fact, been an ongoing New Cold War since the late 1990s.
Order a copy of the book here
Anti-War Art Book Review Books Capitalism China Climate Emergency Conservative Government Conservative Party COVID-19 Creeping Fascism Economics EcoSocialism Elections Event Video Fascism Film Film Review France Global Police State History Imperialism Israel Italy Keir Starmer Labour Party Long Read Marxism Marxist Theory Migrants NATO Palestine pandemic Police Protest Resistance Books Russia Solidarity Sport Statement Trade Unionism Transgender Ukraine United States of America War
- Ofsted and the death of Ruth PerryDave Kellaway, who, as a former headteacher, had to resign following an Ofsted inspection, reacts to the coroner’s verdict on Ruth Perry’s suicide.
- No way a ‘fair COP’!!As the latest round of UN climate talks disappointingly fails to deliver the urgent action needed to halt the climate crisis, Allan Todd argues the entire COP process is less and less likely to prevent ecological catastrophe and calls for radical system change via an ecosocialist transformation to avert climate barbarism.
- Prophet Song: The Grim BookerIan Parker is reading Paul Lynch, and advises you not to
- Al‑Aqsa Flood and MiscalculationIn his latest piece, Gilbert Achcar analyses the “miscalculations” behind Hamas’ operation, Al-Aqsa Flood, which triggered a ferocious Israeli assault on Gaza leading to catastrophic destruction and loss of life.
- Singing against Ecocide in the CityDave Kellaway reports on Monday’s Climate Choir actions in the City of London.