Ukraine: Voices of resistance and solidarity
A collection of recent writings by Ukrainians and socialists around the world
ISBN: 978-0-902869-25-7 (print)
ISBN: 978-0-902869-24-0 (e-book)
RRP: £10, €12, $14 (print)
168 pages; 140x216mm.
Publication date: 1 October 2022
Ukraine Solidarity Campaign (ukrainesolidaritycampaign.org)
Resistance Books, London (resistancebooks.org).
- Introduction Mick Antoniw
- Ten Turning Points: A Brief History of Ukraine John-Paul Himka
- I’m a Ukrainian Socialist: Here’s Why I Resist the Russian Invasion Taras Bilous
- ‘Not Exactly Surprising, But Awe-inspiring’: Ukraine’s Resistance Interview with Yuliya Yurchenko
- Ten Terrible Leftist Arguments Against Ukrainian Resistance Oksana Dutchak
- ‘The Right to Resist’: A Feminist Manifesto
- Our Main Goal Now Is to Win This War Interview with Viktoriia Pihul
- Appeals from Ukrainian Trade Unions
- Unions Strive to Keep Ukraine’s Mines Running, Protect Civilians and Appeal for Solidarity Interview with Nataliya Levytska
- Ukraine’s Recovery Must Benefit the People: The West Has Other Ideas Vitalii Dudin
- Resistance and Reconstruction: Issues for the Post-war Recovery, A Parliamentary Briefing
- Why Should Ukraine’s Debt Be Cancelled? Interview with Eric Toussaint
- Reinventing Nazism for State Propaganda: How Morality is Being Replaced by Force Ilya Budraitskis
- I Marched against Putin’s War for the Same Reason I Protested the War in Iraq Niko Vorobyov
- A Left Divided: Anti-War, Anti-Imperialism and the Russian Invasion of Ukraine Gilbert Achcar
- Why Is Ukrainian Resistance Invisible to You? An Appeal to Supporters of the Stop the War Coalition Simon Pirani
- Ukraine and the Peace Movement Stephen R. Shalom and Dan La Botz
ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTORS
Mick Antoniw is the Labour member of the Welsh Parliament for Pontypridd, a second-generation Ukrainian and trade union lawyer.
John-Paul Himka John-Paul Himka is a professor emeritus of History at the University of Alberta, Canada. He has published extensively on the history of Ukrainian socialism.
Taras Bilous is a Ukrainian historian, a Sotsialnyi Rukh/Social Movement activist, and editor of Spline/Commons (Journal of social critique).
Oksana Dutchak is co-editor of Spilne/Commons (Journal of social critique).
Yuliya Yurchenko is a member of the Sotsialniy Rukh/Social Movement and the author of Ukraine and the Empire of Capital: from Marketisation to Armed Conflict (Pluto Press, 2017).
Viktoriia Pihul is a Ukrainian feminist, anti-capitalist, and a member of the Sotsialnyi Rukh/Social Movement.
Nataliya Levytska is the Deputy Chairperson of the NGPU (Independent Mineworkers Union of Ukraine)
Eric Toussaint is the spokesperson of CADTM International. His books include Debt System (Haymarket books, 2019), and Bankocracy (Resistance Books, 2015).
Vitalii Dudin is President of Sotsialnyi Rukh/Social Movement. He researches the impact of neoliberal reforms and the social consequences of European integration.
Bohdan Ferens is a founder member of the Social Democratic Platform.
Ilya Budraitskis is a member of the Russian Socialist Movement. He is the author of Dissidents among Dissidents: Ideology, Politics and the Left in Post-Soviet Russia (Verso, 2022).
Niko Vorobyov is a Russian-British freelance journalist and author of the book Dopeworld (Hodder & Stoughton, 2020).
Gilbert Achcar is a Lebanese socialist. His books include The Clash of Barbarisms: The Making of the New World Disorder (Routledge, 2006) and Morbid Symptoms: Relapse in the Arab Uprising (Saqi, 2016).
Simon Pirani was the editor of the British mineworkers’ union journal (1990–95) and his books include Change in Putin’s Russia: Power Money and People (Pluto Press, 2010).
Stephen R. Shalom and Dan La Botz are both socialists and editors of New Politics, an independent socialist forum for dialogue and debate on the left, based in the USA.
Anti-War Art Book Review Books Boris Johnson Capitalism China Climate Emergency Conservative Government Conservative Party COP 26 COVID-19 Creeping Fascism Economics EcoSocialism Elections England Event Video Fascism Film Film Review France Global Police State History Imperialism Italy Keir Starmer Labour Party Leaflet Long Read Marxism Marxist Theory NATO Palestine pandemic Police Protest Russia Solidarity Sport Statement Trade Unionism Ukraine United States of America War
Join the discussion